If you live in an area that experiences cold, snowy weather – like Wisconsin – you know how important it is to have a durable and energy-efficient front door. But what are the best exterior doors for cold weather?
Choosing the best exterior door for cold climates is important in keeping the cold weather out and avoiding high energy bills each month. To help you find the best energy-efficient exterior doors, we’ve compiled a guide for what you need to know.
- What Is The Best Exterior Door For Cold Weather?
Asher Lasting Exteriors provides the most insulated and protective doors for cold weather – get in touch with us today!
What Is The Best Exterior Door For Cold Weather?
Finding the best doors for homes that help insulate your space, provide energy efficiency, and are durable is imperative for homes in cold climates. A weather-resistant front door should also be able to protect your home from high winds, harsh cold air, moisture, and even other outdoor elements, such as heat and hot air in the warmer months.
When looking for the best insulated front door, keep these factors in mind:
- Energy Efficiency/Insulation: The insulation that your exterior door provides will protect you from the elements and increase your home’s energy efficiency.
- Glass Glazing: You can still have glass on your front door in cold weather, but you must ensure it’s the best and most protective. This includes double- or triple-paned windows and high-quality glaze, like the ComforTech Warm Edge Glazing System in our ProVia doors.
- Moisture Repellant: Having an exterior door that repels moisture from snow, ice, and other extreme weather is important for durability and insulation.
- Material: Fiberglass doors are generally considered to be the best material for protecting your home. They offer better insulation and durability.
- Weatherstripping: Proper weatherstripping can help protect your home from drafts and other winter elements.
Best Insulated Entry Doors For Cold Weather
The best entry doors for cold weather need to provide your home with insulation from the elements. The top materials for insulated entry doors from ProVia are fiberglass and steel. These doors help maintain your home’s indoor temperatures, reduce energy bills by offering nearly three times as much insulation as wooden doors, and withstand harsh weather conditions.
ProVia’s entry doors can be customized to your needs:
- Fiberglass Entry Door: Fiberglass offers a beautiful aesthetic to your entry while still providing energy efficiency and durability.
- Steel Entry Door: Steel entry doors provide more strength and home security than fiberglass, but they tend not to be as durable against the elements. Steel doors also tend to be more cost-effective.
Best Front And Back Doors For Security
If you’re looking to upgrade your front door and want to ensure it’s secure, steel doors are the best way to go. The best front doors for security and best back doors for security also benefit from specific locking mechanisms that add safety from break-ins while still providing protective weatherstripping.
Asher’s sliding patio doors can help provide the safety and security you need as well.
Best Storm Doors For Cold Weather
Storm doors for cold weather are especially beneficial for homes in harsh Midwestern climates like Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Storm doors provide additional protection from the elements and improve energy efficiency by insulating your home in all types of weather.
ProVia’s storm doors are made from aluminum and tempered safety glass panels with a styrofoam-insulated door frame to protect your home. They fit over your entry door to ensure even more durability for your home’s long-term needs.
Best Sliding Glass Doors For Cold Weather
The best patio doors for cold weather may seem difficult to find, but with Asher Lasting Exteriors, you don’t have to worry. You may think that patio doors with more glass would provide less safety from the elements, but our Renewal with Andersen windows and doors provides enhanced glass performance to protect you from those harsh Wisconsin winters. Our doors offer 45% more energy efficiency in the winter months.
We can even help you find a sliding glass door that offers the best balance of aesthetic appeal, functional warmth, and durability.
Contact Asher For Professionally Crafted Exterior Doors From ProVia™ In Western Wisconsin
For the best exterior doors for cold weather, Asher Lasting Exteriors can provide professionally crafted and beautiful options for your needs. Whether you’re looking for durability, energy efficiency, or protection from the elements, our team can install whatever you may need for your home.
Contact us today for a consultation. We go above and beyond to provide excellent customer service in order to ensure you are more than satisfied with your new doors or windows. We are committed to prompt service and expert installation.