Home improvement projects may have you more focused on making renovations to your interior space but updating the exterior of your house can help you achieve a complete home makeover! The outside of your home is what you see every day, and it’s the first impression for guests and future buyers. And though it may sound like an easy way to go over budget, there are many stunning and subtle changes you can incorporate in your exterior home remodel that won’t break the bank and will leave your house looking new and improved!
Learn five ways to change the exterior of your house to enhance its curb appeal and resale value.
- Update the Front Door: The main entrance to your home should lead the way when it comes time to remodel your home. Try a pop of color like yellow or red, or consider a new door style with windows to let more sunlight through. If you want to improve your home’s resale value, go for black or charcoal gray paint. According to Zillow, this subtle change could score you an extra $6,000 when you sell.
- Pick a New Color: To really change the exterior of your house without breaking the bank, try a new paint color. It’s one of the easiest ways to upgrade the look and feel of your home’s exterior, according to Great Home Ideas. Be sure to remove any shades or other outdated accents and choose a neutral color. For example, you can update a brick home exterior with a fresh coat of white or replace the bricks with low maintenance siding for a strong ROI.
- Tidy Up the Landscaping: Wondering how to update the outside of your home on a budget? Put in some sweat equity with yard work. Trim the grass, add fresh mulch or just keep your trash cans hidden for a neater look. Don’t forget to cut back overgrown bushes and remove old landscaping like crumbling rock retaining walls.
- Add Character: Enhancing your home with a few subtle accent pieces, such as shutters, carriage garage doors, stone accents or gable brackets, can really add eye-catching appeal to your home’s exterior, improving its resale value.
- Don’t Forget the Details: Don’t overlook small details when you update the front of your house. Think lighting fixtures, mailboxes and decorative house numbers. Homey touches like a window flower box or a sitting bench will automatically change the exterior of your house for the better without draining valuable budget dollars.
Update the Front of Your Home with Asher Lasting Exteriors
Trust Asher Lasting Exteriors for expert guidance and selection, so you feel confident about your next home improvement project. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation!